Thursday 1 May 2014

Top 5 Toys -The Moog

The Moog is a graphic designer from Bristol in the UK.. A huge fan of soft vinyl toys and is known to spend weekends hunting through garage sales for hidden treasures, The Moog has shared a great mix for his Top 5 Toys!

5) X-Ray People by Fisher Price

"Fisher Price toys were a firm favourite with my brothers and I when we were kids. I especially loved the 'Adventure Series', particularly the 'Space' figures and vehicles. These two are called X-Ray Man & X-Ray Woman. They are the actual figures from my childhood... I managed to keep them safe all these years. I remember as a kid, I would carry them in my pocket everywhere I went. My other favourite Fisher Price figure was called 'Male Robot Clawtron' but I lost him somewhere back in the mists of time."

4) Bunny Suit Kewpie

"There is something special about unexpectedly finding a random vintage toy you have never seen before. I know nothing about this toy other than the fact it was made in England and it's cute but also weird and slightly creepy. The mystery of its origin and lack of 'back-story' make it even more appealing to me. I've never seen another one, but if I did, I'd buy it on the spot."

3) Fairy Bero Bero by RealxHead

"After visiting Japan in 2008 and walking around all the amazing toy-shops, I wanted to start collecting Sofubi, but found the prices really prohibitive. Real x Head were my introduction to buying proper Japanese vinyl. The RxH 'Baby Fortune Neko' and 'Mini Daruma' are the perfect mix of traditional and modern design, and they're reasonably priced. I then bought a 'Cyclomagnon' and the original orange 'Organ Bat' and was officially hooked. There was no going back. These two 'Fairy Bero Bero' are my absolute favourite RxH. A pure & simple mash-up with a touch of that Mori-genius."

2) Bakutari by Bear Model

"Bear Model are my favourite Sofubi-maker by far. I love their design aesthetic and off-beat character choices. They tend to favour the more obscure Tokusatsu TV Monsters. 'Bakutari' was one of those toys I just had to have the moment I saw it. Bear Model produce a lot of toys with a crazy amount of textures and Bakutari is a prime example of that craft. I love weird stuff and this toy is weird-a-mundo."

1) Spectreman by Bear Model

"My favourite toy changes regularly so its hard to pick just one, but it wasn't difficult to choose this Spectreman. I usually gravitate towards monsters but occasionally a hero will really turn my head. I love everything about this figure. It has a timeless quality that is very appealing. I love transparent or semi-transparent vinyl which this toy utilises to great effect. To me, it looks like it could of been manufactured decades ago or just recently. Its a Bear Model Lucky Bag from 2012. Absolute toy-perfection."

No comments:

Post a Comment