Friday 20 June 2014

Top 5 Toys - Josh Thorsen

Josh comes out of Brisbane, Australia and is the head of Teens On Acid, a streetwear brand and artist collective. Here are his Top 5 picks!!

5) Tim Biskup X T9G Rangeas (TXT Movie Version)

"I only just found out (as I was typing) this was limited to 50 pieces..what the fuck. I should not have been able to buy this piece for what I did. I just shit the bed. I'm not even in a bed, but there's poo everywhere in a bed..somewhere...best figure I own. that's it. that's all."

4) One Piece Big Chopper Figure

"uuuuggghhh i'm still ...just 50 of that Biskup Rangeas? I found this Chopper on my last Nakano Mall visit. A 20cm happy as shit Chopper for $15AU? gimme."

3) Big Hasheem by Santastic Gangu

"a random Nakano Mall cabinet pickup. A favorite character of mine that i had already obtained a vinyl figure of (6 inch). But there he was, in the back of a cabinet stuck between gasha in Nakano Mall. It amazes me how certain characters sell and others don't. There are 3 inch random packaged Kidrobot figures selling for 3 times as much as this guy at any given store, and why? I just don't understand it. Oh yea, he's over 20cm tall. Most people would know him from that KAWS crossover..i guess. Unless they watched Tokyo Tribes 2 in 2006."

2) Astro Boy by Billiken

"my tallest figure. my vinyl son."

1) Dr Slump Arale PVC Bootleg

"amazing bootleg of Toriyama's Dr Slump character, Arale. About 40cm tall, and as much as the Biskup Rangeas consumes me, i think this is my FAVORITE piece. She may not be official but she is huge, she is perfect and I'll destroy anyone who tries to take her away from me."

No comments:

Post a Comment