Friday 18 July 2014

Top 5 Toys - jcat

jcat from Tucson Arizona sent in his hand-picked Top 5 Toys list.. not an easy feat considering his Flickr account has over 6000 photos of toys in there!!

5) Ensorcelled Man by Luke Rook (Grody Shogun)

"Luke (Grody) is the one that got me into toy collecting. I’ve known him since he opened the first Lulubell location in Tucson. It’s been great to see him progress into producing his own toys in Japan and Lulu, under the guidance of Amy, become a successful business in Mesa. My favorite release of Grody's is the Ensorcelled Man - the face is so expressive and can portray many different emotions depending on how the figure is posed."

4) Jumbo Garada K7 by Unifive

"This hefty chunk of vinyl brings back fond memories of visiting my grandparents in the Philippines for the first and only time. I was hooked on Mazinger and it seemed like every place we went in Manila had the giant robots and mechanical beasts from the show. As a kid I couldn't buy any large toys back them, so now I'm excited to have this in my collection."

3) Puppet Seijin by Elegab

"Elegab is another favorite toy company of mine. It’s refreshing to see Nari’s unique and creative designs released in the world of sofubi. Puppet Seijin is alluring…the sly facial expression of the puppet master is dark yet comedic and the puppets are in some sort of goofy trance. The colorful paint scheme really stands out on this blue vinyl release."

2) Custom Zyurai Asu by Cronic

"Cronic definitely had a mastery of color and painting…it’s unfortunate that he does not produce toys anymore. His Zyurai is one of the coolest sculpts I’ve seen and his releases with their colors, paint application and pinstriping showcase his skills. It's also a very photogenic toy!"

1) Poseidon by Shikaruna Koubo

"I absolutely love the toys Shikaruna Koubo produce. The company makes some of the best around with its awesome kaiju designs and creative and colorful paint applications. Of the Shikaruna in my collection, I am particularly fond of this Poseidon release. I had been hunting for it for years and happened to be at the right place and time to score it. His firm stance and tough look are executed well."

No comments:

Post a Comment