Sunday 6 April 2014

Top 5 Toys - Bwana Spoons

Portland artist and toymaker Brandon Bwana Spoons shares his current Top 5 Toys, although they could have changed by the time you read this!! He is currently running a Kickstarter campaign for his "Lonny" soft vinyl toy.. Make sure you pledge towards it, he has already reached his stretch goal so you are guaranteed some extra bonus items with pledges over $44! You can check out the Kickstarter page here

Now onto the first post on the Top 5 Toys bloggy!!

"I would call this my top 5 at this very moment. After collecting for 20 plus years... it ebbs and flows. Some stuff took me forever to find, or like my ooze it, was stolen, before i could refind another one nearly 4 years alter. And things come to mind imediately after shooting the pics. What about Booska? Or my custom Steven the Bat by Kiyoka of Gargamel. What I really need is a top 25 or a weekly top 5... the mind wanders.."

5) Takoroyear.

"My main love and obsession over the years has been Micronauts Microman henshin Cyborg... my choices for favs are endless. Today I picked this guy. Tough and Dorky at the same time."

4) Beetle Dude.

"Gifted and signed for me by Nishi of M1. For a while I was bugging him to make a Steven on an M1 trike. Still hasn't happened. But boy I love this squeaky Antler."

3) Gyango.

"This is one of my fav of all time characters. Any of these three are always up there in my tops."

2) Lego Hammerheads.

"I got one from Taiwan, and another on the east coast. Lego hasn't made a Hammerhead yet, but I already have two different sculpts. I bet there are more."

1) Matango ceramic piece by Yakimon.

"It's giant, and heavy and looks so flipping good."

No comments:

Post a Comment