Sunday 13 April 2014

Top 5 Toys - Fat Ankle

Fat Ankle is an illustrator in Brisbane, Australia. Check out his artwork, blog and general NSFW steez over at his website. Here's his choice picks!

"It was hard narrowing it down to my top 5 as I have a shitload of toys from over the years. Honourable mentions that didn't quite make the list were Jeff Soto's Terranium Keeper Qee Egg, 18" Edward Scissorhands from McFarlane and the Mr Blonde/Marvin Nash Reservoir Dogs box set by NECA."

5) One eyed maneki-neko (Japanese 'lucky cat' or 'beckoning cat') by RealxHead

"I picked this up at San Diego Comic Con in 2010 and it always reminds me of the great time I had at the con. I've got a collection of maneki-neko and when I saw this one I had to have it. It's only about 8 - 10cm tall but I love it."

4) 12" Freddy from Nightmare on Elm Street by Sideshow

"I've got a few Freddy toys but this one is my favourite because it has a great head sculpt and real material clothing."

3) 18" Captain Spaulding by NECA

"I loved the character from House of 1000 Corpses and I think it makes a great toy. I've always had this one boxed because I like the packaging and I know I'll lose all the bits and pieces it comes with. It's always a slight anti-climax when it comes out of the box anyway, especially if they don't come with a stand and are a bitch to stand up."

2) Boxed A-Team set by Croner Toys (AUS and EUR) (Galoob USA)

"I had all these as a kid and played with them to death. I was hunting for a boxed set for ages until I found this set on ebay about 10 years ago. The packaging is a little beat up but considering they are now 31 years old they are doing pretty good."

1) Cannibal Fuckface and Rottweiler Herpes by Monster Worship

"What more is there to say? It's Cannibal Fuckface and Rottweiler Herpes from Johnny Ryan's Prison Pit comic. One of my favourite comics and these are great toys from Monster Worship."

No comments:

Post a Comment